After a year of project after project on the interior including floors, paint on every single wall, scraping and painting ceilings, replacing doors, removing a wall and then adding on a deck it was time to assess the landscaping. We had a problem.
I quickly realized that pulling this things out is not going to be easy and digging them out was flat out impossible. Luckily we were able to use our engine hoist. My daughter got a pretty good kick out of this and I'll admit I enjoyed it, too!
I built this window box to make my wife happy (she's always wanted one) and I have to say I absolutely love how it makes our home feel. It was pretty simple to make and much cheaper than going to a store and buying a vinyl one. Treated wood and steel re-bar leftovers from our deck build put to good use here! The shutters are also home-made and once again much cheaper to make than to buy. You can see the flowers barely sticking over the top, and there are flowers filling in that you can't even see. I figured if we were lucky maybe these would grow and fill in, but I never expected what they would turn into.